Senior Technician, Medicines Management
|Harefield Hospital, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB9 6LJ||Permanent (P)|
|Salary: Band 5 £28,691 - £35207 pa Inc. HCAS|
|Closing Date: 25/11/2020||Recruitment start: 10/11/2020|
Senior Technician Medicines Management
£28,691 - £35,207 pa Inc. HCAS
NHS Jobs Ref: HH-0472
Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust is the largest heart and lung centre in the UK and among the largest in Europe. We are a partnership of two specialist hospitals which are known throughout the world for our expertise, standard of care and research success.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a senior pharmacy technician to join the Pharmacy team at Harefield Hospital. We are looking for a highly motivated and organised technician to support and develop medicines management on the cardiothoracic and transplant wards. This role is an ideal opportunity for a technician looking to progress in their career or to specialise in these innovative and exciting fields. Experience in ward-based medicines management is essential for this role. As a senior Pharmacy Medicines Management technician you will:
- Lead the provision of medicines management to patients on the cardiothoracic surgery, transplant and medicines wards.
- Lead on medicines reconciliation, patient counselling, patient self-administration of medicine (SAM) schemes, reuse of patient’s own medicines, homecare services and ward stock management.
- Have the opportunity to qualify as an Educational Supervisor for student technicians and ATOs.
- Support the development of our medicines management services to the wards at an exciting time of transitional change.
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary teams to deliver a high-quality medicines management service.
You must be a qualified Pharmacy Technician, registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council, with proven relevant experience in hospital pharmacy.
Should you require any further information regarding this post please contact Laura Grace via email on email@example.com or telephone on 01895 828 596 ext. 85596
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th November 2020
Due to the popularity of some positions, we reserve the right to close the vacancies early on receipt of sufficient applicants.
Interview Date: TBC
You are providing your personal information to the Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust for the purposes of staff administration; administration of membership records (Foundation Trust Membership); crime prevention & prosecution of offenders; National Fraud initiative and occupational health purposes and by applying for this post you hereby consent to the Trust processing of your personal data as outlined above.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application